For my birthday my dear friend gave me a few gifts of travel tech, including a Mophie Powerstation USB 6,000 mAh Battery Bank. During my Vancouver trip, I really put this through its paces so I felt compelled to write a review.
Right off the bat, let’s run through the technical specifications.
- Dual USB charging ports
- 2.1A output and smart adaptive charging technology
- Priority+ charging which enables your device to recharge first, and then the powerstation battery recharges itself.
- Battery capacity of 6,000mAh
- Size of 2.72 x 4.69 x 0.51 in (69.2 x 119 x 12.9 mm)
- Weight of 5.6 oz (158.8 g)
- Takes about 5+ hours to fully charge itself (personal experience)
- Includes a micro USB cord for charging
What I like:
- Size – The size felt right. A little thinner than two iPhone 6s stacked, this is reasonably lightweight but feels really solid. Fits into my electronics bag (a small pouch that fits into my Le Pliage carry on tote.
- Material – I loved the finish and color of this device! It comes in 6 colors and my friend got me the rose gold option. It is more of a blush pink. Hey, my wardrobe may be 96% black, but I love me some blush pink!
- Power – The power capabilities really impressed me. I used it daily on my trip and it powered both my iPhone 6s and my iPad mini each day – to full capacity – AND had enough power left to power me through 2 movies on my flights home.
What I don’t like:
- Cord – The charging cord is really really short. So short, I had to balance the mophie on the charging block. Not a deal killer, but can be a challenge.
This review was not sponsored in anyway, nor was anything received in exchange for it. The opinions and recommendations are mine.