It has been some time since I devoted a post to my beloved java. Since today is Wednesday, and there is a sort of mid-week slump happening here, what better topic to get things energized? I bring you a list of the health benefits of the magic elixir we know as coffee!
- According to research published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease drinking three cups of coffee per day can delay the onset of dementia in people who have started suffering from memory problems.
- The University of Birmingham reports on a 2014 study which states that coffee hydrates you just as well as water. I want to believe this SO MUCH!
- In 2016, the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee released its updated recommendations to the FDA, the Department of Agriculture and other government agencies, which stated that coffee is now considered not just benign but actually good for your health. THAT’S SCIENCE, BABY!
- Drinking coffee can lower your risk of death. This I’d like to see, since no one I know is immortal. Maybe the risk of premature death?
- Women who drink five or more cups of coffee a day are 57% less likely to develop a certain type of breast cancer than women who drink less than one cup a day, according to a study published in 2011 in the journal Breast Cancer Research.
- Coffee is also full of incredibly potent antioxidants like hydrocinnamic acids and polyphenols which stave off damage by free radicals (those damn hippy cells!).
- There is even a brand new book called The Coffee Lover’s Diet from Dr. Bob Arnot
All that from a little seed we grind up and soak in hot water over? Absolutely! Now go tackle Wednesday with a gorgeous silky cup of joe and toast to your health!