It’s been awhile since I posted a travel news update, so let’s celebrate #TravelTuesday with some tidbits from around the globe. I have to state that I think people are getting worse (bullets 1 and 2) but thankfully there is some good news (bullets 3 and 4) and the world is still pretty incredible (bullets 5 and 6).
- Some guy strips naked and delays a flight. Guess he really got into the Spirit of Las Vegas! Ha!
- Apparently, an airline worker punched a passenger with a baby. Wow. Take it easy, EasyJet!
- Los Angeles wins bid to host 2028 Olympic Games, making it a three-peat with the City of Angels having hosted 1932 and 1984. All I can see is Mary Lou Retton in her star-spangled leotard.
- The Cayman Islands have been removed from the CDCs Zika alert so since Grand Cayman doesn’t get hit by hurricanes too often, it may be a good time to book your visit.
- There are some good deals to be found from United Vacations, including some killer deals to Hawaii. Just book soon!
- Find out how much of the solar eclipse you’ll get to see! It’s only 20 days until the solar eclipse! —The brainiacs at Vox.com have created a handy eclipse animation guide where you can enter your zip code (US) and determine the percentage of obscuration.
There you have it. A blast of newsy notes from the world of travel that you can use at your next water cooler confab. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!